So, this site is my personal site. I have a technical/professional site> where I’ll deal with that side of my life.
This site is for all my other stuff. I’ll write here about all kinds of different things, from general thoughts on life to public policy and political philosophy, futurism and cool technologies, and anything else that pops into my head. I probably won’t write a lot (or any at all?) about strict politics — and by that, I mean the crazed activities of politicians. I don’t really pay much attention to that. I’d rather think about ways to help people and make the world a better place.
A couple of things to note
- I am saying what I think. This is 100% my opinion and does not, in anyway, reflect the opinions or views of any other person or entity — especially not my employer.
- I may spout off on a wide range of topics. I have a lot of strong opinions. I like to hold those strong opinions relatively loosely.
- I’m mostly going to write about general ideas that aren’t time-sensitive. I won’t be reacting to the news or current events. This is mostly a place to express the bigger ideas.
- I am 100% happy to be wrong. I’m happy to admit that I am wrong. I’m delighted at the notion that there is new information that will change my mind. So please, feel free to correct me if I am wrong.
- I have notions about the way things are. I have vague memories of studies that I may have read. I will feel no obligation whatsoever to back my statements up with references or links. If you have a link you want me to read, I’ll probably read it. But basically, I’m going to say what I want without feeling any need to back up what I say. That’s what we all get to do here on the Internet. :-)
- I don’t have comments here. Feel free to email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or better, engage with me on Facebook. I think a public conversation is much better.
- Finally, any links to Amazon are affiliate links, and if you use them, I will get a commission on anything you buy.