My company, Gateway Ticketing, is hiring again. We are looking for Delphi developers. Actually, having Delphi skills is great, but we are mostly interested in smart people that know what they are doing when developing high-quality software. We love Delphi and C#, but in the end, those are just languages and we know that it doesn’t ultimately matter what tool you know, but whether you really know how to write clean code.
Here are some reasons why you should consider working for Gateway:
- We are a great place to work. I love it here. That this is a great place to work was so obvious to me that I moved my whole family clear across the country to join this team.
- We are serious about being serious about software development. We aren’t messing around here. While we have a large legacy code base, we are all about doing the right thing the right way with the right tools. We insist on unit tests for your code. We insist that you keep up with the latest innovations in writing code. We insist that you view coding the same way that Rembrandt viewed painting.
- We love Delphi, and we live and breathe it here. We are doing cool things like using the Delphi Spring Framework, Dependency Injection, Unit Testing, and other fun stuff.
- We use C# and ASP.NET for our eCommerce solution and all the cool stuff that goes along with that.
- We are located in beautiful Boyertown, Pennsylvania. This a great place to live and raise a family. We are close to everything (including Philadelphia) but have that great small town feel. I love living here, and you will too.
- Our customers are some of the greatest and most fun places on earth. We sell systems to the largest amusement parks, zoos, water parks, and museums all over the world. This is a cool industry. Who doesn’t love a good amusement park?
Okay, look – everyone says they want to hire “rock-star developers”. Shoot, even we do it. That’s all well and good, but the bottom line is that we are setting our standards really high. And if doing that scares people off, well so be it. We don’t want people who are scared off by high standards. We want people who are looking for places with high standards. We expect and demand your very best – anything less and you should find a job writing VB6 code. ;-) We really are creating a world-class place to build software, and we want folks like you to be a part of it. You are up for that, right?
Relocation assistance is available.
And of course, here are the obligatory caveats. We are definitely looking for people to live and work here in the Eastern Pennsylvania/Greater Philadelphia area. Please note: we aren’t currently considering remote workers. Naturally, you must be eligible to work in the United States. I'm sorry but right now we cannot sponsor H1B visas. :-( We don’t care where you are from or who your parents were or what color your dog is or anything like that. We are really only interested in what you can do. And of course, we want you to know what we can do for you, too.
If that sounds like something good to you, please contact me.